NAC-N 172 XS the first network enabled streaming preamp from Naim. The ideal starting point for audiophile streaming: flexibility and performance in a slimline package.
The NAC-N 172 XS is Naim’s new network-connected streaming preamplifier, combining the convenience and choice of the streaming revolution with traditional Naim engineering techniques. The NAC-N 172 XS is a network player and preamplifier in one. It adds a new type of streaming device to Naim’s product portfolio. The ‘172 only needs to be paired with a power amplifier to form a neat two-box solution offering separate pre and power amplification along with integrated digital sources: UPnPTM network streaming, internet radio (optional FM/DAB), playback from iPod/MP3/USB and five S/PDIF inputs.
When controlled with the Naim n-Stream app, system automation can be enabled giving full control of all connected Naim sources.
- High quality preamplifier including digitally controlled analogue volume control
- UPnPTM-enabled to stream audio files from any UPnP enabled server such as UnitiServe or a NAS
- vTuner 5* full service internet radio
- Optional FM/DAB module variant available
- Streams/plays WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 files.
- Gapless playback available on all lossless file formats
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player/iPod and USB-stored audio
- Digital output connection from iPod/iPhone for ultimate quality and iPod control
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: front panel, remote control handset and n-Stream control app
- Full system automation, wired remote in and wired remote out
- USB mini-b connector for software upgrades
- Linear power supply with 230VA transformer with separate windings for digital and analogue sections
- High quality Burr-Brown PCM1793 DAC
- Ground selector switch for optimum performance with many sources and power amps
- Five 24bit/192kHz-capable S/PDIF digital inputs (2 x RCA, 2 x optical, 1 x 3.5mm TOSlink)
- 3 analogue inputs (1 DIN, 1 RCA pair, 1 x 3.5mm front-panel socket)
- 1 line output
- DIN and RCA preamplifier analogue outputs
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone connector
- OLED display for high contrast and easy visibility
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi network connectivity
- British build and design
Users can enjoy up to 32bit/192kHz audio files played either from memory stick connected via the front-panel USB socket or streamed from UPnPTM-enabled devices over the home network.
A network connection also opens up the world of internet radio. Like all Naim’s network connected products the ‘172 features vTuner’s 5* full service internet radio. Users can also access the Naim webpage http://myradio.naimaudio.com to manage their internet radio listings and add stations. Naim’s choice is also available: a listing of Naim’s favourite internet radio stations.
A front-panel USB port enables easy play from memory sticks and iPod/MP3 players. The NAC-N 172 XS will take over the control, charging and display of stored audio via a standard iPod digital connector
Available from July 2012.